These reading activities give students the opportunity to think about the informational text that they are reading. Students use digital devices to complete the activities. Important Common Core skills such as finding textual evidence and determining the central idea are included. No copies or handouts are needed.
This informational text is broken down into small sections. Each section is followed by an activity that enables students to process what they have read before moving on to the next section. Some of the reading activities can be done in pairs.
This resource can be used in place of the textbook or as a supplemental resource. It is compatible with most textbooks. It can also be assigned for homework to students who have access to iPads and laptops at home.
Students with access to iPads or laptops use notebook paper along with their devices to read and complete the activities. This resource also works for students in a classroom with a large projection screen (69”H x 71”W or larger) and an LCD projector.
Topics Covered in the Informational Text:
1. What was the Renaissance?
2. Rediscovery of Classical Text
4. The Renaissance Begins in Italian City-States
5. Renaissance Florence
6. The Printing Press Spreads the Renaissance
7. The Renaissance in England
This Resource Includes:
• a sample of how students should set up their notebook paper for this assignment
• assignment instructions
• informational text about the Renaissance that is compatible with most textbooks.
• reading activities such as answer questions, quick review, determine the central idea, recall, write questions, contrast and support a topic sentence
• an explanation and illustrated example for supporting a topic sentence
• an explanation and illustrated example for determining the central idea
• an answer key
• determining the central idea of an informational text section
• writing a summary sentence for an informational text section
• using evidence from the text to support a topic sentence
• Please check the preview to make sure this product is right for you.
• This file is not editable; however, I will consider customizing my products per special request.
You may also like…
The Renaissance Advances Reading Activities
The Decline of Feudalism Reading Activities
The Reformation Reading Activities
Consider Following My Store for Timely Updates
You can be the first to know about new product launches, free products, and store discounts. Just click the red “Follow Me” star on my homepage.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact me through the contact link.