The Respiratory System – A Fifth Grade PowerPoint Introduction is a PowerPoint 5th grade level instructional presentation
It includes a PowerPoint presentation of the text along with two editable presentation slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook. Students can also complete the activity during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (inhale, lungs, exhale, diaphragm, capillary, alveoli, and diffusion).
• Basic understanding of respiration.
• Illustration of parts of the respiratory system with descriptions.
• How diffusion occurs in the alveoli.
• Cellular respiration in animal cells.
The last slides are white-background and used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The editable/review slides and printables:
• This first activity has students complete a matching activity using the following vocabulary: lungs, capillary, mouth, epiglottis, diaphragm, trachea, throat, nose, inhale, exhale, diffusion, bronchi, and alveoli.
• The second activity is a labeling/matching activity where students match respiratory system terms with the correct picture on the anatomy. Terms include alveoli, throat, nose, diaphragm, trachea, lungs, epiglottis, mouth, and bronchi.