The American Revolution – A Fourth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with two interactive slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook (after matching definitions with pictures, definitions may be secured to interactive notebook and edge of matching picture can be secured on top of it so it may be flipped up for study purposes). Students can also complete the activities during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introduction to light terminology (tax, revolution, Declaration of Independence, independent).
• Government taxing of the colonies
• Reasons for colonist frustration
• The Boston Tea Party explained
• The Battle of Lexington and the Declaration of Independence
• The advantages and disadvantages that the Patriots and British had during the war
• The end of the war
The last 2 slides are white-background slides used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• Activity one has students identifying terminology through a matching activity. Terms included are Independence Hall, revolution, Stamp Act, Constitution, Declaration of Independence, tax, Lobsterback, Boston Tea Party, Paul Revere, and Valley Forge.
• Activity two has students identifying events the strengths and weaknesses that the Patriots and British had. This is done through a matching activity.