The Rhythms of Winter set is a rhythm unit used to teach quarter notes and eighth notes (ta and ti-ti) in the elementary music classroom. This unit is filled with activities, visuals, worksheets, and games!
This bundle includes:
1. Winter Rhythm Cards- Use these images as PowerPoint slides are print as posters for rhythm flashcards. Includes picture images, along with rhythmic notation to teach and review ta and ti-ti. Cards include standard and stick notation.
2. Winter Word Chain Cards- two sizes of word chain cards to create winter-themed word chains as a class or in small groups. Small cards come in black and white option too!
3. Winter Rhythmic Composition Cards- composition cards can be used to create class or group compositions with winter-themed words. Come in standard and stick notation, along with color and b/w options.
4. Winter Day Poem- A winteryl poem written by Jena Hudson used to teach ta and ti-ti. Poem includes a steady beat slide, descriptions of ta and ti-ti, a rhythm slide with images, a stick notation rhythm slide, and a standard notation rhythm slide.
5. Worksheets- A bundle of worksheets to review and assess ta and ti-ti with winter words. Worksheets include notating the rhythm of the Winter poem, composition sheets, QR code Roll N' Compose, rhythm flipbook, categorizing ta and ti-ti, color by rhythm, and more! Stick and standard notation are included for each worksheet.
6. Mitten Madness - A relay race game to review ta and ti-ti with a wintery twist. Students race to their designated mitten to find the correct rhythm played or spoken by the teacher. Includes color and b/w option, along with stick and standard notation.
7. Rhythm Match- Students match the pictures of rhythms to the correct rhythmic notation. Includes b/w and color options, along with stick and standard notation.
***Please download preview for larger images!
Sew Much Music has a Facebook
For more lessons, products, and freebies, head to my blog: Sew Much Music