: How did the Weimar Republic of Germany rise and fall? How did Adolf Hitler rise to power?
- Highly engaging, common core compliant complete lesson/worksheet about the failures of the Weimar Republic after World War I and the eventual rise of Adolf Hitler.
- This worksheet includes a variety of student-centered activities designed to infuse excitement into the social studies classroom such as:
- Do now – students access prior knowledge about the Treaty of Versailles and the way it punished Germany.
- Secondary source reading about the Weimar Republic
- Primary source art analysis of several paintings from the era to understand the problems Germany was facing.
- Election of Chancellor activity - Students will pretend to be a citizen of Germany voting to choose a new Chancellor. Three options (without names) are given and students vote. Invariably, most students choose the candidate that turns out to be Hitler. This is an incredible moment where students understand how someone like Hitler could come to power.
- Primary source analysis of Mein Kampf – critical thinking questions follow.
- Over 10 critical thinking/analysis questions perfect for class discussion and active engagement!
- 11 slide complementary PowerPoint presentation including the aim, photographs, charts paintings, and other images
- Lesson plan – step-by-step teacher moves to make implementation easier.
- Answer key for all questions.
What files come with this product?
- The Rise of Adolf Hitler worksheet Word Doc (for easy modification)
- The Rise of Adolf Hitler worksheet PDF (to maintain formatting)
- The Rise of Adolf Hitler PowerPoint presentation
- The Rise of Adolf Hitler worksheet Answer Key
- The Rise of Adolf Hitler worksheet Lesson Plan
- Painting Analysis – Background information on the two artists and their work
Please read the listing carefully so you are confident in what you are buying. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Please follow my store by clicking the link below.
Click here to follow
If you decide to purchase this or any other product, please take a moment to leave feedback. Thank you so much