: Why did European nations attempt to gain colonies in the 19th century?
- Common core-compliant worksheet.
- Includes several activities designed to promote critical thinking, active engagement, and class discussion such as:
- Do now – Primary source cartoon analysis “The Devilfish in Egyptian Waters” followed by 4 critical thinking/analysis questions.
- Turn and Talk – 4 background questions on imperialism
- Causes of New Imperialism Document Analysis activity
- Student analyze a set of 7 primary and secondary source documents
- Then write down and categorize the causes of imperialism (social, economic, political) found in the documents in a graphic organizer.
- Students then determine if each cause benefited Europe, benefited colonial peoples, and/or hurt colonial peoples
- Three critical thinking questions follow.
- Causes of Imperialism Mini-DBQ paragraph writing assignment – either completed in class or for homework.
What files come with this product?
- The Rise of New Imperialism worksheet Word Doc (for easy modification)
- The Rise of New Imperialism worksheet PDF (to maintain formatting)
- The Rise of New Imperialism worksheet Answer Key
- Imperialism Mini-DBQ Paragraph Assignment Word Doc
Please read the listing carefully so you are confident in what you are buying. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Please follow my store by clicking the link below.
Click here to follow
If you decide to purchase this or any other product, please take a moment to leave feedback. Thank you so much!