Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
30.17 MB | 25 pages
These reading activities give students the opportunity to think about the informational text that they are reading. Students use digital devices to complete activities. Important Common Core skills activities such as finding textual evidence and determining the central idea are included. No copies or handouts are needed.
This text is broken down into small sections. Each section is followed by an activity that enables students to process what they have just read before moving on to the next section. Some of the reading activities can be done in pairs. As students move through the assignment, they will gather evidence to answer the essential question.
This resource can be used in place of the textbook or as a supplemental resource. It is compatible with most textbooks. It can also be assigned for homework to students who have access to iPads and laptops at home.
Students with access to iPads or laptops use notebook paper along with their devices to read and complete the activities. This resource also works for students in a classroom with a large projection screen (69”H x 71”W or larger) and an LCD projector.
Topics Covered in the Informational Text:
1. The Proclamation of 1763
2. The Sugar Act
3. The Stamp Act
4. The Townshend Acts
5 The Boston Massacre
6. The Boston Tea Party
7. The Intolerable Acts
8. The First Continental Congress
9. Colonial Militias
10. Lexington and Concord
This Resource Includes:
• notebook paper setup examples
• assignment instructions
• an essential question
• informational text about the road to independence
• reading activities such as determine the central idea, support a topic sentence, compare, sequencing, recall, quick review, write questions, get the gist, answer questions and support the topic sentence
• an explanation and illustrated example for supporting a topic sentence
• an explanation and illustrated example for determining the central idea
• an answer key
• determining the central idea of an informational text section
• writing a summary sentence for an informational text section
• using evidence from the text to support a topic sentence
• Please check the preview to make sure this product is right for you.
• This file is not editable; however, I will consider customizing my products per special request.
You may also like…
The Declaration of Independence Reading Activities
Patriots and Loyalists Reading Activities
The War of Independence Reading Activities
Consider Following My Store for Timely Updates
You can be the first to know about new product launches, free products, and store discounts. Just click the red “Follow Me” star on my homepage.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact me through the contact link.