The Roman Empire Unit Plan: This won me the best teacher award in Connecticut
This includes interactive lessons, activities and inquiry assignments. Ultimately asking Students are We Rome? Will the Unit States Fall in the Same manner that the Western Roman Empire did.
Lesson plans include:
1) What is an Empire?
2) What is a Hegemony? (Superpower)
3) Roman Society and Culture
4) Roman Emperors: The good, the bad, and the corrupt
5) the rise of Christianity
6) Internal Factors that led to Rome's decline
7) External factors that led to Rome's decline (barbarian invasions)
8) Inquiry Assignment where students create a DBQ- asking them to predict whether or not the US is likely to meet the same fate as the Western Roman Empire