The Runaway Bunny by Margaret Wise Brown (sold separately) is a classic, heartwarming book your students will enjoy. Read it for Easter, Mother’s Day, as a follow-up to Good Night Moon, or “just because” and use this book companion for fun literacy, language and listening follow-up activities. This literature unit includes six activities including:
1. Sequencing and Retelling- Sequence picture cards and retell the story
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. Bunny’s Book Hunt- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
4. Cause and Effect- Sort pictures onto a cause and effect mat
5. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures by rhyme onto a rhyme mat
6. Spatial Concepts- Describe where the bunny is, using prepositions
Your students LOVE this cute story and also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!