17 slide Power Point Presentation that covers:
- A review of the early influence that the Byzantine & Mongol Empires had on the development of Kievian Russia
- A summary of the accomplishments of frequently tested Czars such as Peter and Catherine the Great
- The major causes leading up to the Russian Revolution
- The major events of the Russian Revolution and Civil War that followed
- The major political and economic changes that V.I. Lenin & his Bolsheviks make to the newly created Soviet Union including the N.E.P.
- The methods Stalin uses to transform the Soviet Union into a Totalitarian society
- The positive and negative effects of Stalinist policies such as 5 yr. plans and the collectivization of agriculture
Power point includes:
- Important terms listed & emphasized that frequently appear on NY State Global Regents Exams
- A blank map of Eurasia for students to identify Russia and important neighbors in the region
- A fill in the blank chart to compare the influences of the Byzantines & Mongols on the development of the modern Russian state
- Numerous photographs and illustrations to support understanding of concepts such as Political Oppression, Communism, Propaganda, & Economic policies
- 5 slides of Stalin era propaganda to help students identify major themes involved with Communism & Totalitarianism
- 4 guided (scaffolded with key terms) long answer assessment questions
***All materials designed for the Global III course of the New York State High School curriculum***
!!!!!!!!Cloze notes (Guided notes) and other supporting materials available free upon request!!!!!!!
Contact me personally for a version of Power point with important terms and information missing for students to fill in for increased focus and concentration. Just email me at Lupp2@yahoo.com and I will reply with Cloze notes attached.