This activity is a fun and interactive way to teach students about the sacraments and Catholicism.
This lesson includes a handout with:
* A definition of the sacraments generally.
* A brief description and notes on each of the seven Catholic sacraments specifically.
* An activity for small student groups to plan and perform a short skit about the sacrament to which the group is assigned.
* Smaller classes sizes can be assigned to more than one sacrament.
* Number of students can be adjusted according to your class size although 2-4 students is ideal.
* Consider designing student groups and assigning students to work together based on what will be the most productive and you'll head off classroom management challenges before they happen.
* Having some simple props or toys students can use in their skits dials up the fun and builds their improvisational skill set.