If you're teaching Nathaniel Hawthorne's novel, The Scarlet Letter, you need this bundle to add to your unit. Featuring a highly detailed 37-slide introductory PowerPoint, 100+ task cards covering every chapter of the novel, and more -- this unit is a lifesaver!
Included in this bundle:
• 37-slide intro PowerPoint
• 100 task cards with critical thinking questions for all chapters of the novel
• Anticipation guide
• Creative project with student samples
• Writing prompts
• Socratic Seminar assignment with guidelines
• Pre-reading interactive activities
• Paired poetry activities using Anne Bradstreet
• Activity making connections to How to Read Literature Like a Professor
• Symbolism chart
• and more!
Please note that this is not a scripted unit plan, but rather a collection of files I use to help teach The Scarlet Letter. Materials are geared towards 11-12th grade students, but can be adapted.
This bundle INCLUDES my PowerPoint and Task Cards, making for a significant savings!
Bundle was updated 9/2016
Check out my related resources:
Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God Worksheets, PowerPoint, and More
The Crucible Unit Plan Bundle -- Worksheets, PowerPoint, Handouts