Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
106.04 MB | 34 and a Video pages
A short research project that culminates in either an article, a video, or a presentation. Great for ELA or psychology classes.
New Year's resolutions might not seem like the most scientific things in the world, but a surprising amount of scientific research has gone into the topic. In this project, students (individually or in groups) explore this research and then prepare a final product (anything from a research article to a Ted-Talks-style presentation) that demonstrates what they know.
INCLUDED IN THIS PRODUCT:
- A fun, engaging entry video that introduces the concept
- An in-depth PowerPoint presentation that gives guidelines and instructions
- Several graphic organizers for all stages of the researching and writing process
- An additional PowerPoint that introduces a fun "speed-dating" activity to help students learn to write for the reader and fill their article, video, or presentation with detail and description
- A list of helpful resources to kick-start the students' research
This could be a great activity for just before or right after the Christmas break and satisfies several Common-Core ELA standards.