Use technology to create learning experiences that build critical thinking skills and produce artifacts to demonstrate mastery!
In this lesson, students will learn about the scientific method so they can:
- begin to talk like a chemist!
- understand the purpose for and differences between each step.
- practice observing, testing, analyzing, and communicating for future in-class work.
Both you and your students will know they are successful when they can:
- define terms on the Word Wall.
- make thorough observations, develop a likely hypothesis, and suggest ways to test the hypothesis.
- graph real experimental data.
- communicate results using RACE.
All of the lessons and resources sold in this store include the following components:
- a PreQuiz or "Before Class Activity" to activate and assess prior knowledge.
- a "Word Wall" which showcases vocabulary that is central to the lesson content.
- analytical reading or writing components to promote scientific literacy.
- an independent or small group activity which allows (1) students to create artifacts as evidence of their learning and (2) teachers to review main ideas with the whole group.
- detailed answer keys for the outlined activities.
- formative assessment of mastery.
The lesson is built for interactive use on a smart whiteboard or for delivery in an online meeting space.
A coordinating, interactive web form student guide is also available:
Also, a teacher link to modify and distribute the Student Guide is also available: