This inquiry-based Scientific Revolution lesson puts students in the heart of the Scientific Revolution and Renaissance through the exploration of science and technology of the period. Through multiple activities, students build, analyze, draw, and write about the discoveries of the Scientific Revolution. Visual learners will get hooked by drawing Fibonacci’s spiral and building a timeline. Kinesthetic learners will challenge themselves by building catapults and a printing press.
This product was revised on 1/2/16.
This lesson is available as part of a $$$ saving Renaissance station activity bundle or as a full Renaissance Teacher Resource bundle..
This detailed guide includes:
● 5 Complete student activities for building a catapult, drawing and the golden ratio, creating a Renaissance timeline, and building a printing press.
● 1 Complete teacher’s guide for 1 90 minute lesson or 2 50-minute lessons
● Background information for students and teacher on Gutenberg, the Golden Ratio, and Renaissance weaponry
● A complete materials list
Available Renaissance Products Include:
- Renaissance Interactive Notebook Pages
- Art, Invention and Study with Leonardo Da Vinci
- Art, politics and humanism in the Renaissance
- Gutenberg and the Scientific Revolution
- Renaissance: Illustrated Timeline
- Renaissance Unit Project
- Renaissance: What's the Question Bell-Ringers
- Renaissance Art Gallery Walk
- Figures of the Renaissance Activity and Game.
- Renaissance: Comparative Notebook Timeline
This purchase is for one teacher only. This resource is not to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are interested in a site license, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com. This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives.
Did you know you can earn TPT credits easily?
- Go to your My Purchases page when you login
- Click on the provide feedback button. Quickly rate the product and leave a quick note.
- Each time you give feedback, you earn TPT credit to spend on future purchases.
Benefits of following the store
- Save $$$ - Follow the store and receive updates on new product launches. New products are 20% off in the first 48 hours. To follow simply click on the follow me star at the store. New product launches typically occur once a week.
- Follow the Facebook page to find out about weekly deals, sales, flash freebies and giveaways.
- Read musings, tips, resources and ideas about teaching, education and education policy on the blog. Don’t miss out on Social Sundays (tips, resources and ideas for teaching Social Studies) and Math Mondays (tips, resources and ideas for teaching Math)
- No more than 1 email from me directly to my followers per month.
To follow the store and save $$$, click on the follow me star above.