“The Scribe” by Kristin Hunter is a great story to use to teach characterization, plot, theme, and many other literary elements.
This story also allows for many inferences to be made. All of the tasks meet Common Core State Standards including RL.1, RL.2, RL.3, RL.4, W.3. Text-Dependent Questions specifically connect to Common Core as well!
This resource bundle includes graphic organizers, writing tasks that accompany the graphic organizers, writing prompts (can be used during Writer’s Workshop), and Text-Dependent questions in a worksheet format, as well as an editable copy.
All resources were created specifically to meet the demands of Common Core. These resources were also created SPECIFICALLY for this text. They are not a generic replica of other resources. The graphic organizers and writing tasks are challenging and will provide your students with an opportunity for close reading as they have to go back to the text for evidence to complete each task.
The resources can be used as a formative assessment, partner or group work, or station work.
Here is what you will receive with this bundle pack:
* Conflict Graphic Organizer & Writing Task
* Characterization Graphic Organizer & Character Sketch
* Inferences about Characters Graphic Organizer
* Figurative Language Graphic Organizer
* Plot Map
* Point of View Graphic Organizer
* Illustrated Figurative Language Task for differentiation
* Theme Graphic Organizer & Writing Task
* Setting Graphic Organizer & Writing Task
* Key Events in Plot & Character Interaction Graphic Organizer
* Character Journal with template
* Thank you Card Template with separate directions
* Worksheet format with 30 Text-Dependent Questions (provides
further Close Reading Practice)
* An editable copy of the Text-Dependent Questions w/Answer
Key so you can pick and choose question to meet the needs of
* A guide to the resources included in the text
Please contact me with any question or if you would like anything edited or tweaked. Thank you for checking out my product!
Check out my other literature resources!
• "Priscilla and the Wimps" by Richard Peck
• "Eleven" by Sandra Cisneros
• "Thank You, Mr. Falker" by Patricia Polacco
• "The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore"
• "The Hitchhiker" by Lucille Fletcher
• "Dark They Were, and Golden-Eyed" by Ray Bradbury
• "The Stranger" by Chris VanAllsburg
• "Tuck Everlasting" Novel Bundle by Natalie Babbit