These activities are based on the short story "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" by James Thurber. The unit includes:
* comprehension/discussion questions for the students as a class, literature circle, or individual to answer
* a vocabulary worksheet with 10 words from the story and quiz to assess understanding of the vocabulary and literary elements
* a story cube that can be used as a fun and quick way to review the elements of literature
* a quick research activity about the multiple personality disorder
* a journal prompt
* a bubble map to recall details from the story
* worksheets to address literary elements and parts of the plot
* a Venn diagram to compare characters
* a short, creative writing assignment
Due to copyright laws, I can't include the actual story in this unit, however, you can find the story text at http://www.d.umn.edu/~csigler/PDF%20files/thurber_mitty.pdf
Before rating, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you find an error and I will quickly fix and resend the product to you.
Check out our blog about school improvement strategies!
If you are extremely dissatisfied with a product please contact me so I can attempt to correct the situation. I do not offer refunds on electronic products but will offer a replacement item in some cases. I want you to be happy so you'll be a return customer.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Report a copyright violation