This is a great large group experiment that can be used to teach the scientific process. Students practice asking a question, making predictions, conducting an experiment, and comparing their predictions to the actual outcomes. They also learn about the sense of taste and the four basic tastes - sweet, salty, bitter, and sour.
In this product you will receive:
- a list of materials
- step by step instructions for how to prepare and conduct the experiment
- real photos accompanying the instructions to provide clarity
- printable forms for recording class and student predictions and results
- a SMART Notebook file for recording student predictions (This is an option, but SMART Notebook is NOT required to use this product. Printable options are included.)
- writing paper for reflection afterwards
This experiment is one of six that is included in my Inquiry Process unit, which can be found here:
Inquiry Process Science Unit
If you enjoy this experiment, consider getting the whole pack!