This is a packet of 9 ocean themed activities. These activities pair great with my The Shark Was Swimming ocean themed vocabulary book, but can be used alone or with any ocean unit. These activities can be used in centers, individual therapy, or in a group circle type setting.
These activities are either multi-leveled or can easily be adjusted for higher or lower functioning students.
The activities included in this packet are:
1. Story manipulatives to use with the book, ocean scene, and/or to create a separate matching activity such as memory.
2. Vocabulary shark activity to practice vocabulary and colors.
3. Two mini books with two levels each. (Four books total.) These target vocabulary, early prepositions, and the concepts big/small. Students can also follow instructions on how to color the books.
4. Big/little cards bombard students with vocabulary while practicing the concepts big and little.
5. Same/different cards come in two levels and also bombard students with vocabulary. Level 1 different cards have two different vocabulary items, while level 2 cards have the same item in two colors, making the task more difficult.
6. Dot an animal pages (3 different animals) can be used with any articulation or language goal. For low functioning students, this activity is great for requesting "more" for each chance to color.
7. Colored ocean scene can be used with the manipulatives by attaching velcro on the picture and the manipulatives. Students can match the same vocabulary items or follow directions on where to attach vocabulary. Or simply use the picture to target receptive and expressive vocabulary.
8. Create an ocean activity allows students to follow directions to create their own ocean scenes.
9. Ocean vocabulary hunt activity focuses on receptive and expressive vocabulary.
Need the book? Available in English
Save more with a bundle!
The Shark Was Swimming Bundle
Copyright 2015 Rebecca Gnezdova, MS CCC-SLP
Talking with Rebecca