This comprehensive study guide is the result of extensive research. It aims to support reflective reading, not to replace it. Includes:
1. Introduction to the detective mystery genre;
2. Annotated list of characters;
3. Historical background of the story;
4. Each chapter is given a helpful commentary following guiding questions. The questions encourage readers to a deeper understanding of the background, themes, and characters of the text. They are designed to stimulate thought, discussion and interpretation, not to test, and can be used for self-study, homework, group discussion in class, jigsaw groups, formal presentations, written answers, etc. (Answers are not provided; the students will find the answers in the novel);
5. A range of graphic organizers for students to complete.