THIS PRODUCT IS MEANT TO BE USED AFTER READING THE BOOK.
A NOTE ABOUT THE PRODUCT: These puzzles are fun but challenging. Teachers may want to insert letter hints before copying, allow extra time, or have students work in pairs.
Each of these QUOTEFALLS contains a quotation from THE SIGN OF THE BEAVER. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters into the puzzle grid, using a process of elimination.
QUOTEFALLS require students to use their knowledge of the book, along with their knowledge of spelling, phonics, vocabulary, and language! Students love these puzzles!
DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW TO SEE A SAMPLE PUZZLE!
Perfect filler activities for after tests, between lessons, or at the end of the day!
QUOTEFALLS for elementary (list may not be current):
* The Black Pearl
* Blood on the River
* Bridge to Terabithia
* The Cay
* Dear Mr. Henshaw
* The Devil’s Arithmetic
* Island of the Blue Dolphins
* Julie of the Wolves
* Maniac Magee
* My Brother Sam Is Dead
* Number the Stars
* The Pinballs
* Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
* Shakespeare’s Secret
* The Sign of the Beaver
* Summer of the Monkeys
* The Summer of the Swans
* Tuck Everlasting
* Where the Red Fern Grows
* The Whipping Boy
Below are my fun and unique products over THE SIGN OF THE BEAVER. View all 17 in my store!
• Bookmarks Plus: THE SIGN OF THE BEAVER edition--Handy Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
• THE SIGN OF THE BEAVER Trivia Game—Fun for the Whole Class! ThemeQuotes games are the only games that link famous, value-promoting quotations to the themes of the books you teach! Students work in teams to play this cross between Wheel of Fortune™ and Trivia Pursuit™ game! 156 questions!
• THE SIGN OF THE BEAVER: Prereading Crossword—50 words! Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the The Sign of the Beaver edition of Bookmarks Plus and the The Sign of the Beaver Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• THE SIGN OF THE BEAVER: Synonym/Antonym Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words! A unique crossword!
• THE SIGN OF THE BEAVER: 6 Word Searches Based on the Book! Categories: Matt’s Creations; In the Village; Onomatopoeias; Meeting Up with Mrs. Bear; Words from Robinson Crusoe; The Bee Tree
• THE SIGN OF THE BEAVER: 6 Cryptocategory Word Puzzles—Unique! Students decode lists of categorized words from the book! Categories: Matt’s Possession; Feathered Creatures; Matt; Attean; Matt’s Home; Attean’s Home;
• THE SIGN OF THE BEAVER: 9 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Unique! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• THE SIGN OF THE BEAVER: Outdated Words/Indian Words & Phrases Crossword! Students provide “translations” for outdated language and the Penobscot language.
• THE SIGN OF THE BEAVER: 10 Word Merges—One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• THE SIGN OF THE BEAVER: 12 Cryptograms—Encoded Similes! Students decode quotations from the story! Each cryptogram puzzle has its own code. Who doesn’t love a code?
• THE SIGN OF THE BEAVER: 2 Vocabulary Crosswords—Fun Learning! Students provide synonyms for challenging words from the story. Good extra credit activity!
• THE SIGN OF THE BEAVER: 6 Fractured Maxim Puzzles Based on the Book! Students rearrange “tiles” to form wise sayings that relate to the themes of the book. Requires students to use their knowledge of the story as well as their knowledge of theme, spelling, phonics, vocabulary, and language!
• THE SIGN OF THE BEAVER: 4 Fill-In Word Puzzles—Trial and Error Workout! Students enter common words from the story into the puzzle grid, based on the number of letters in the word. The puzzle can be challenging, but each time students enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• THE SIGN OF THE BEAVER: Anagram Crossword—A Fun Spelling Challenge! Students decipher common terms from the novel! The puzzle can be challenging, but, as with all crosswords, almost every time they enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• THE SIGN OF THE BEAVER: Completing Characters’ Quotations Crossword—Unique! Students use their knowledge of the story, their spelling skills, and their knowledge of language to complete these quotations by characters in the book.
• THE SIGN OF THE BEAVER: Reading-for-Detail Crossword—Challenging! A great way to check students’ reading skills!
• THE SIGN OF THE BEAVER: 12 Theme-Related Quotations + Teaching Ideas Well-researched, thought-provoking quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers—each quotation relates to a theme in the book!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!