Can Ellen ever find her family? Can she use the power of the silver crown to thwart the powers of darkness? What diabolical force hides inside the mysterious castle in the woods?
I have been reading this story with my students for many many years and year after year they ask if we can read it again!
You get everything you need for the price of less than one novel. My lesson plans are very detailed. They expose students to many literary terms and devices, used to make a story come to life (i.e. Theme, Conflict, Characterization, Similes, Foreshadowing, etc.). Common Core Standards for reading (literature) and writing are also included.
This novel study includes:
• A weekly, page-by-page, chapter-by-chapter Teacher’s Guide that includes lesson objectives, class agendas, and questions to discuss using Accountable Talk,
• A weekly, page-by-page, chapter-by-chapter Student’s Guide that includes essential novel questions and standards review, vocabulary, and checks for understanding (homework activities/projects)
• CCSS Standards for Reading, Writing, and Language
• A Literary Devices Definition and Examples Handout
• Teacher Tips for a Successful Book Discussion
• Teacher Tips on Facilitating Accountable Talk in Your Classroom
• Additional Novel-Specific Handouts
Visit my wide variety of Novels Lesson Plans on Teachers Pay Teachers, as well as my book, "Creative Curriculum Extenders: Differentiated Projects for the Language Arts Classroom" published by Prufrock Press Inc.