Wanting to teach your students the difference between similes and metaphors? Wanting to keep your students engaged during those CRAZY few weeks/days before Christmas?
This product includes a:
- Teacher guide
- Story Elements Graphic organizer for the book "The Grinch Stole Christmas"
- Anchor charts for similes & metaphors (Disguised as WANTED posters for the Grinch)
- Similes and Metaphors that stole Christmas recording page (this is where students write their simile/metaphor from the song lyrics "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" and draw their Grinch picture)
- Help Cindy Lou Hoo fix her broken lights activity (this is where they color code the lights based on if the phrase is a simile, metaphor, or neither)
- Create your own simile page
- Grinch-y Mad Libs