The Six Kingdoms of Organisms – A Fifth Grade PowerPoint Introduction is a PowerPoint 5th grade level instructional presentation
It includes a PowerPoint presentation of the text along with two editable slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook. Students can also complete the activity during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (kingdom, invertebrate, vertebrate, vascular, nonvascular, fungus, bacteria, and protist).
• Explanation of how kingdom is broken down into phylum, class, order, family, genus and species.
• Invertebrates vs. vertebrates.
• 5 classes of vertebrates.
• 8 invertebrates and descriptions (sponges, mollusks, roundworms, echinoderms, arthropods, segmented worms, flatworms, and cnidarians).
• Vascular plants.
• Nonvascular plants.
• Fungi explained.
• Ancient and true bacteria.
The last slides are white-background and used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The editable/review slides and printables:
• This first activity has students complete a matching activity using the following vocabulary: kingdom, invertebrate, vascular, nonvascular, fungus, bacteria, and protest.
• This second activity has students identify characteristics of the six kingdoms of organisms. The characteristics include: unicellular or multicellular, nucleus (y/n), way organism obtains food, can organism move, and an example of the organism.