The Six Kingdoms of Organisms – A Fifth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 5th grade level instructional presentation
It includes a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with two fully interactive presentation slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook. Students can also complete the activity during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (kingdom, invertebrate, vertebrate, vascular, nonvascular, fungus, bacteria, and protist).
• Explanation of how kingdom is broken down into phylum, class, order, family, genus and species.
• Invertebrates vs. vertebrates.
• 5 classes of vertebrates.
• 8 invertebrates and descriptions (sponges, mollusks, roundworms, echinoderms, arthropods, segmented worms, flatworms, and cnidarians).
• Vascular plants.
• Nonvascular plants.
• Fungi explained.
• Ancient and true bacteria.
The last slides are white-background and used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• This first activity has students complete a matching activity using the following vocabulary: kingdom, invertebrate, vascular, nonvascular, fungus, bacteria, and protest.
• This second activity has students identify characteristics of the six kingdoms of organisms. The characteristics include: unicellular or multicellular, nucleus (y/n), way organism obtains food, can organism move, and an example of the organism.
SMARTBoard presentations require the use of Notebook Software. They are not compatible with Promethean Active Inspire software. There are free SMARTBoard viewers online, however.