Note: (8th grade sketchbook is FREE if you email me after you purchased the 7th Grade. The 8th grade focuses on the Principles of Design)
I LOVE sketchbooks! They are a life saver in SO many different ways and almost everyone of my classes I teach (6th-12th grade) has one. The benefits of the sketchbooks that I’ve created develop…
1. Weekly supplemental drawings for the students to exercise their artist and creative problem solving skills
2. Shading Skills
3. Coloring Skills
5. Art Integration into other areas (writing, math, science, pop culture, etc)
The reason why I say that these Sketchbooks will SAVE your Life is not only will students grow artistically, but they are a GREAT fall back for students when…
1. A student is done with a project and need something to do to keep them out of trouble.
2. If you are sick and don’t have a good lesson ready for the sub to teach, just have students work on their Sketchbooks…I’ve used that a couple of times!
3. A student doesn’t want to work on their project…have them work on their sketchbook.
4. A student is being very disruptive with clay today….have them sit down at their desk and work on their sketchbook
OH…there are so many WONDERFUL things about these sketchbooks, you are going to wonder what you used to do without them!
One of the keys to these sketchbooks is the cover page and CLEAR expectations of what Shading and Coloring is! On the Cover is a BASELINE drawing you do with the students to see how well they can draw in 30 minutes. This makes it possible for you to FAIRLY grade their artwork inside, because they need to put 40 minutes of time into each drawing. I tell the kids, your drawings on the inside NEED to look better then your cover because you are putting 10 more minutes of time into it with the option of earning extra credit if you go above that time! This has been the KEY to students who do not draw very well, to still be able to give them good grades for effort and growth!
Lastly this sketchbook is for a 9 week course! 2 pages each week
(I usually give them a week off)
This is a Microsoft PUBLISHER file! You can probably get it free from your school. If you've never used Publisher YOU NEED TO!!! Working with Graphics and Text is SO much easier then WORD that you'll never go back!