The Smart Cookie Read aloud Activities, LESSON PLANS, CRAFT, Jory John
What educators are saying
Also included in
- THIS IS A GROWING BUNDLE that will include book companions to: The Good Egg read aloud activities (INCLUDED)The Bad Seed read aloud activities (to appear)The Cool Bean read aloud activities (to appear)The Couch Potato read aloud activities (INCLUDED)The Smart Cookie read aloud activities (INCLUDED)TPrice $27.30Original Price $39.00Save $11.70
A great book companion to complement The Smart Cookie read aloud session. The Smart Cookie by Jory John is a marvelous story about different ways to be smart and having the confidence to have your "AHA!" moment.
Explore the message of The Smart Cookie read aloud further with this book companion filled with rigorous activities and accompanied by detailed instructions to the teacher.
In this unit you will find 5 DAYS OF DETAILED LESSON PLANS to accompany reading The Smart Cookie by Jory John. The lessons are filled with rigorous and engaging activities to help your students effectively and meaningfully engage with the book. The focus of each day in this study is the following:
- Day 1 Introducing the book, Making inferences and predictions
- Day 2 Character analysis of the Smart Cookie (traits, motivation, feelings)
- Day 3 Vocabulary development, Story elements (settings, point of view, key events), Retelling & Summarizing
- Day 4 Problem & Solution, Cause & Effect, Main idea & Theme
- Day 5 Author’s purpose and message, Reader’s response to The Smart Cookie, Craft
This unit includes discussion questions that can be used as stopping points while you read. The questions are available for print in two formats: printed on sticky notes using the template provided or on a single page for your reference.
35+ RIGOROUS UNIQUE ACTIVITIES TO GO ALONG WITH "THE SMART COOKIE" READ ALOUD --- inside the unit you will find:
- INTRODUCING THE BOOK: making predictions about the book, draw your own cover for The Smart Cookie
- INTEGRATION OF KNOWLEDGE AND IDEAS: analyzing the cover
- ACTIVATING BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE: the power of confidence
- READER’S RESPONSE: making connections between The Smart Cookie and other books, text-to-self connection
- CHARACTER ANALYSIS: 6 unique activities
- BOOK EXTENSION & CREATIVE WRITING: creating new characters for"The Smart Cookie"
- KEY DETAILS & EVENTS: play “Text Detectives”
- FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE: Illustrate the literal and the figurative meaning of the expressions in the story, imaging yourself as a cookie
- STORY ELEMENTS: SETTINGS AND POINT OF VIEW, PROBLEM AND SOLUTION
- SEQUENCING AND RETELLING: 5 unique activities
- CAUSE AND EFFECT: explain the cause or the effect of the events in the book.
- EXPLORING THE THEME, GROWTH MINDSET/INFERENCING: deepen your understanding of the theme of the story all while promoting character education
- AUTHOR’S MESSAGE & READER’S RESPONSE
- FORTUNE COOKIES CRAFT: take up the role of Miss Biscotti and prepare fortune cookies with affirmations for your students
If you have any questions, check thumbnails and preview or ask me in Questions And Answers or on my e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
❤️ If you enjoyed using this product, you are welcome to LEAVE FEEDBACK and make credits you can redeem to SAVE MONEY on further purchases. I would LOVE to hear from you!
⭐ If you are interested in more ELA RESOURCES or would like to stay updated about the new products, SALES and FREEBIES, click here to FOLLOW.
✏️ Thank you for you interest in this product and HAPPY TEACHING!