The Sniper by Liam O'Flaherty Unit Bundle
This is a bundle of lesson resources for the short story, The Sniper, by Liam O'Flaherty. The Sniper is a gripping and tragic tale of the Irish Revolution. My students love the story and these activities bring them into closer contact and give greater meaning to it.
This is one of my best sellers and is a 21 page activity plan that contains
1) Questions for comprehension and Analysis with answer sheets
2) A Figurative Language Lesson with, a Figurative Language Scavenger Hunt and Graphic Organizer
3) A Second, "Active Reading, graphic organizer for find sensory detail in the story
4)A Figurative Language test with answer sheet
5) A vocabulary activity for, finding meaning through context
In addition to the activity plan, there are also related lesson resources which include:
6) A lesson plan and related power point that introduces a letter writing activity called, Ã¢ï¿½ï¿½Writing a letter to the Sniper Mom." Students put themselves into the boots of the Sniper and are asked to write a letter to mom explaining why you have killed your own brother.
7) A power point presentation which focuses on writing essay questions using the story. It takes the students through all of the steps of writing essay questions and is an excellent springboard that gives a solid foundation into writing formal essays.
8) A revised Sniper story crossword puzzle which focuses on vocabulary and important events in the story.
This lesson bundle will entertain and give your students hours of meaningful instruction without straining your budget. I think you will really like it.