The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats is a classic, Caldecott-winning children's book (sold separately, online or in stores) which follows Peter’s winter day activities. This literature unit is filled with six different follow-up activities and games to target listening, language and literacy! Following reading, engage your students in activities targeting:
1. Sequencing with Pictures (which is also a great retelling tool!)
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures with like rhymes
4. Phoneme Manipulation- Listen carefully and change sounds in words to make new words
5. Peter’s Book Hunt- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
6. Extension and Connection Writing- Students draw and write about what they would like to do on a snowy day.
Not only will your students LOVE this cute story, they'll also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!