The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats is a classic, Caldecott-winning children's book (sold separately, online or in stores) which follows Peter’s winter day activities. This no-prep literature unit is filled with six different follow-up activities and games to target listening, language and literacy! Following reading, engage your students in activities targeting:
1. Sequencing with Pictures (which is also a great retelling tool!)
2. Comprehension Questions with two (picture) answer choices
3. Rhyme Sort- Sort pictures with like rhymes
4. Phoneme Manipulation- Listen carefully and change sounds in words to make new words
5. Peter’s Book Hunt- A game to find items in the book matching given attributes and functions
6. Extension and Connection Writing- Students draw and write about what they would like to do on a snowy day.
This book companion is so easy to use! All pages are in black and white. Just print and you're ready to go!
Not only will your students LOVE this cute story, they'll also have fun with these follow-up activities targeting language, listening and literacy!
Please note: This book companion contains the same (or very similar) activities to the ones in my Snowy Day (color) Book Companion.