The Snowy Day Ezra Jack Keats
Common Core Skills taught in this unit are:
1. Compound Words (L 4d-2nd Grade) Use knowledge of the meaning of individual words to predict the meanings of compound words.
2. Suffix-ing (L2c-1st/2nd grades) Identify frequently occurring root words and their inflectional forms
3. Antonyms (L5b-Kdg.) Demonstrate understanding of frequently occurring verbs and adjectives by relating them to their opposites(antonyms).
4. Compare and Contrast (RL9-K-2nd) Compare and contrast the adventures and experiences of characters in stories. Students must learn what compare and contrast means.
5. Sequencing (RL2-K-2nd) Retell stories… Recount stories…
6. Writing-Opinion (W 1-K-2nd) Write opinion piece stating an opinion, supplying a reason for the opinion, and provide some sense of closure.