You are purchasing a Math and Language Arts Station Pack that contains five math activities, 5 language arts activities, and three "extras."
1. Measure the Room. Practice non-standard forms of measurement by using different sized snowmen. The children will measure objects and record their answers on a response sheet.
2. Money Snowball Fight. Students will count the money on each card, match it with the snowball with the correct amount, and record on the response sheet. Cards include mixed coin.
3. Snowman Subtraction. Subtraction cards with differences less than twenty. Snowman "manipulatives" and response sheet included.
4. Shape Shifters. Students will read riddles for circle, triangle, square, rectangle, pentagon, and hexagon. They will then sort shapes to match the riddle. Response sheet included.
5. Snowy Story Problems. Students will read and solve story problems using addition and subtraction. "Manipulatives" and response sheet included.
Language Arts Stations
1. Read the Snow Room. Words with /sn/, /ow/, and /an/. Response sheet included.
2. Snowy Words. Students will make as many words as possible using the letters "The snowy days of January." Letter tiles and response sheet included.
3. Sledding Synonyms. Children will match the sleds that have words that are synonyms. Response sheet included.
4. Cocoa Compound Words. This station has pictures of compound words. The children find the two word cards that make the compound word. Response sheet is included.
5. Fact or Opinion? Students sort sentences as facts or opinions. Response sheet is included.
1. Snowy Adjectives. Children will read descriptions on cards to color a boy or girl dressed in winter clothes.
2. "Snowy Day" Short Story. Children will read the short original story "Snowy Day." They will use the story to answer questions about the setting and the characters. They will then use the descriptive sentences in the story to decorate the snowman correctly.
3. The Snow Game. One game board, two fun games! This game board can be used with math by having students roll two dice and move the number of spaces as the sum. In Language Arts, it is the Syllable Snow Game. Students will take turns picking a card. On the card is a labeled picture. they will figure out the number of syllables and move that many spaces.
There are four game pieces included.