The Solar System – A Fourth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with two fully interactive slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook.
The presentation includes:
• Introduction to solar system terminology (solar system, planet, gravity, telescope, asteroid, comet, meteor, and meteorite)
• Solar system explanation
• Important astronomy scientists (Copernicus, Kepler, Galileo, and Newton)
• How the solar system is studied
• Shuttles, space stations, and probes
• Descriptions of the rocky planets and gas giants
• Other items in space (asteroids, comets, and meteoroids)
The last 2 slides are white-background slides used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• Activity one has students identifying terminology through a matching activity. Terms included are meteorite, satellite, solar system, meteoroid, planets, asteroid, astronaut, comet, probe, space shuttle, telescope, and meteor).
• Activity two has students completing a diagram of planet locations in the solar system along with an area to fill in names of planets based on their descriptions.