This power point is designed to enrich the reading of the text, "The Song and Dance Man" by Karen Ackerman.
This presentation includes the following:
* Before reading questions to promote thinking
* Vocabulary words defined to build background and understanding of the text
* After reading questions to practice using evidence from the text to support thinking.
* A look at the authors writing style of using adjectives and similes to enhance the story.
* A discussion question on Author's purpose for writing the story.
* A discussion question on what person this story is written in (first, second or third)?
Grade Level Equivalent: 4.5
Lexile Measure: 760L
Guided Reading Level: O
Genre: Realistic Fiction
Please let me know if you come across any typos or issues. I have read and reread items many times. But sometimes I miss something. If there is an error, I will promptly correct it!
All images are free to use even commercially!
***Follow me on TPT and you will be the first to know when I list new products. New digital products will be listed at half price for the first 24 hours after they are listed.