The lazy apprentice, confident that he can use his master’s spell to do his chores, chants the magic spell and takes a nap. As the water swirls around the workshop getting ever higher, the apprentice awakens, only to discover that he does not know the spell to stop the brooms! A thrilling narration accompanies Paul Dukas’ dramatic musical score. Made famous by Walt Disney's Fantasia, this fun & familiar music recorded by the London Philharmonic Orchestra will entertain students of all ages.
The 24-page PDF activity booklet contains a biography of Dukas, information on pitched percussion instruments, sheet music, a kitchen percussion play-along, games and more.
This album was the recipient of a Parent's Choice Silver Award!
1. The Sorcerer's Apprentice - The mysterious music begins as the story unfolds
2. About the Story - Learn about the brilliant composer who destroyed much of his work.
3. March of the Brooms - Boston Crusaders Drum and Bugle Corps performs a medley on drums and mallet instruments.
4. About the Music - Discover how a composer transforms themes to create a musical experience.
5. The Sorcerer's Apprentice without narration - Listen again to the music, this time without the narration.
6. Want to Have Some Fun? Prepare to Perform. - Get out some pots and pans and wooden spoons to play with the band.
7. March of the Brooms - Band away with the Boston Crusaders Drum and Bugle Corps.