Also included in
- Teach history with four classic historical movies for kids with this packet. A $20 value!This musical movie studies bundle includes over 60 pages of no-fluff activities. There are 16-22 pages per movie.These activities include:COMPREHENSIONPre Viewing QuestionsDiscussion QuestionsCharacter AnalysisAPrice $14.00Original Price $20.00Save $6.00
The Sound of Music with Julie Andrews is one of my favorite films. It is filled with classic songs, a rich background, and memorable characters.
Set in pre-World War II Austria, a young nun, Maria, becomes the governess of seven children. The children's father, a widowed Navy captain, runs his household just like he runs one of his ships. Slowly, Maria begins to bring joy and love into their family through music.
The movie study is designed with grades 4-8 in mind, and activities can be adjusted for older or younger students.
There are 18 pages of activities and an answer key included. You can view the preview for a more thorough look at some of the pages.
- Pre Viewing Questions
- Discussion Questions
- Multiple Choice Quiz
- Movie Review
- What Happens Next?
- The Music of the Movie
- Themes of the Movie
- Traits of Maria and Captain von Trapp
- Compare and Contrast
- The True Story of the Von Trapps + History of Austria in the 1930s (for grades 6+)
- The True Story Review Questions
- Lightning Strikes
- Lightning Strikes Questions
- Edelweiss Craft
- My Favorite Things
- Word Search