The Sour Grape Activities, THE SOUR GRAPE LESSON PLANS, CRAFT, Jory John
What educators are saying
Also included in
- THIS IS A GROWING BUNDLE that will include book companions to: The Good Egg read aloud activities (INCLUDED)The Bad Seed read aloud activities (to appear)The Cool Bean read aloud activities (to appear)The Couch Potato read aloud activities (INCLUDED)The Smart Cookie read aloud activities (INCLUDED)TPrice $21.84Original Price $39.00Save $17.16
THE SOUR GRAPE read aloud session now accompanied WITH 40+ ACTIVITIES and 5 DAYS of lesson plans! The Sour Grape by Jory John is a marvelous story about being good not just to others but also to yourself - such an important message to teach your students!
Explore the message of The Sour Group read aloud further with this book companion filled with rigorous activities and accompanied by detailed instructions to the teacher. THE SOUR GRAPE BOOK CRAFT INCLUDED!
In this unit you will find 5 DAYS OF DETAILED LESSON PLANS to accompany reading The Sour Grape by Jory John. The lessons are filled with rigorous and engaging activities to help your students effectively and meaningfully engage with the book. The focus of each day in this study is the following:
- Day 1 Introducing the book, Making inferences and predictions
- Day 2 Character analysis (traits, motivation, feelings)
- Day 3 Vocabulary development, Story elements (settings, point of view, key events), Retelling & Summarizing
- Day 4 Problem & Solution, Cause & Effect, Main idea & Theme
- Day 5 Author’s purpose and message, Reader’s response, Craft
This unit includes discussion questions that can be used as stopping points while you read. The questions are available for print in two formats: printed on sticky notes using the template provided or on a single page for your reference.
40+ RIGOROUS UNIQUE ACTIVITIES TO GO ALONG WITH "THE SOUR GRAPE" READ ALOUD --- inside the unit you will find:
- INTRODUCING THE BOOK: making predictions about the book, draw your own cover for "The Sour Grape"
- INTEGRATION OF KNOWLEDGE AND IDEAS: analyzing the cover
- ACTIVATING BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE:
- READER’S RESPONSE: making connection to other books, text-to-self connection (the Sour Grape and me)
- CHARACTER ANALYSIS: 7 unique activities
- BOOK EXTENSION & CREATIVE WRITING: 4 activities
- KEY DETAILS & EVENTS: play “Text Detectives” and explain how the objects are connected to the text of "The Sour Grape"
- FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE: Illustrate the literal and the figurative meaning of the expressions in the story
- STORY ELEMENTS: SETTINGS AND POINT OF VIEW, PROBLEM AND SOLUTION
- SEQUENCING AND RETELLING: 5 unique activities
- CAUSE AND EFFECT: explain the cause or the effect of the events in the book.
- EXPLORING THE THEME, GROWTH MINDSET/INFERENCING: deepen your understanding of the theme of the story all while promoting character education with 8 unique activities
- AUTHOR’S MESSAGE & READER’S RESPONSE
- CRAFT THE SOUR GRAPE'S BIRTHDAY INVITATION: apologize for your mistake with last year's invitation and craft an invitiation for your party this year
- WORD WORK: word search, odd word out, unscramble the sentences, synonyms & antonyms activity and more
If you have any questions, check thumbnails and preview or ask me in Questions And Answers or on my e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
❤️ If you enjoyed using this product, you are welcome to LEAVE FEEDBACK and make credits you can redeem to SAVE MONEY on further purchases. I would LOVE to hear from you!
⭐ If you are interested in more ELA RESOURCES or would like to stay updated about the new products, SALES and FREEBIES, click here to FOLLOW.
✏️ Thank you for you interest in this product and HAPPY TEACHING!