The Spanish American War Lesson Plans and Interactive Notebook Activities MEGA Bundle
with our popular Primary Source Document Depot: The Spanish - American War AND our stand-alone, end of unit test prep passage included...perfect for a whole-unit review with in-depth, higher order thinking questions practice for state tests -- or as a complete unit review assessment with no prep (16 pages)!
Pioneers: The Spanish-American War ELA Informational Text Test Prep Passage
This Product is Designed to
• engage students using social studies based primary sources and informational text
• help students understand how to analyze primary source documents through the use of graphic organizers
• utilize digital resources for interactive learning and discovery through technology integration
• highlight key historical issues and themes
• use multiple resources for comparison purposes
• promote discussion
• motivate student learning and promote higher order thinking
Click on the green preview button for a sneak peak as to what's inside!
The Spanish-American War Lesson Plans Bundle
Detailed Lesson Plans Overview:
Lesson Plan #1: Setting Up Your SS Notebook up for Success
Lesson Plan #2: How Sugar Changed the World
Lesson Plan #3: Hawaii
Lesson Plan #4: Yellow Journalism
Lesson Plan #5: Remember the Maine
Lesson Plan #6: “A Splendid Little War”
Lesson Plan #7: Cuba
Lesson Plan #8: Puerto Rico
Lesson Plan #9: The Philippines
Lesson Plan # 10: The Panama Canal
Lesson Plan #11: The United States of America
Lesson Plan #12: Edit/Revise/Publish Notebooks/Lapbooks/Learning Menus
Lesson Plan #13: Present Learning Menus/Notebooks
Social Studies Folder Checklist, Learning Menu Checklist and Rubric included, along with our 3-TO-1 classwork and homework assignments!
Common Core Aligned.
NEW! The Spanish-American War Interactive Notebook & Lapbook Activities
with interactive web links and differentiated material embedded throughout!
Click the green Preview button above to get a sneak peak as to what's inside!
Interactive Notebooks and lapbooks are a type of portfolio or collection of student work on a variety of topics using flaps and/or folded displays. Most lapbooks are created out of office file folders which are then folded in half. Lapbooks allow students to showcase their work by providing them an interactive space for sketches and drawings, story summaries, graphical information, timelines, charts, and other forms of written work. Best of all, they can range from any topic or unit study. They truly let students creatively display their work in a way that interests them the most, which allows for a multitude of differentiation for each individual student.
Interactive Notebook / Lapbook Packet Includes:
• How to create a lapbook
• How to use the Vocabulary Cards Effectively Through Differentiation and Diverse Learners
• Uncommon Learning: Customized Activities Options
• Pre-selected technology integration interactive websites
• The Spanish-American War Vocabulary Cards Pocket with 33 pre-made, no-prep cards
• The Spanish-American War notebook vocabulary fold cards
• The Spanish-American War Accordion Timeline
• Compare and Contrast: Puerto Rico and Cuba
• Compare and Contrast Bracket: The Spanish-American War and The Mexican-American War
• The Spanish-American War Chain Link Facts Activity (Cuba, Puerto Rico, The Phillipines, Guam)
• Compare and Contrast Trifold (Erie Canal and The Panama Canal)
• Cause and Effect Flaps: What are the causes and effects of sugarcane plantations in the Western Hemisphere?
• Cause and Effect Trifold: What are the causes and effects of Yellow Journalism? (Option 'A')
• Cause and Effect Trifold: What are the causes and effects of The Sinking of the U.S.S. Maine? (Option 'B')
• The Spanish-American War Important Figures Pocket with 24 pre-made, no-prep figure cards
• The Spanish-American War Enrichment Options (Teddy Roosevelt / Fidel Castro)
• All About The Spanish-American War Book-Style Flapbook Activity - Choose an important person or historical symbol to write a short summary from the Spanish-American War of your choice.
• The Spanish-American War Fact Pocket with 10 pre-made, no-prep fact cards
• The Spanish-American War Enrichment Option Teddy Roosevelt Diamond Fold Activity
• Character Traits Graphic Organizer Triangle
• The Spanish-American War Art Focus: Caribbean Art
• 4 Sides of a Battle Activity / Foldable
• The Flavors of Brazil Foldable
• What would William Randolph Hearst and Joseph Pulitzer say if they could see American journalism today? - with web links for information on both Randolph Hearst and Joseph Pulitzer
• Historical Fiction Writing Activity: Create your own historical fiction journal entry from the perspective of someone involved before, during, or after the Spanish-American War (ex: soldier, general, politician, journalist, etc.)
• Pros and Cons Divide Foldable Activity: What are the pros and cons for Puerto Rico becoming the 51st State?
• Science & Technology Connection: The Panama Canal
• All About…The Panama Canal Trapezoid Foldable
• The Panama Canal: Then and Now Flower Foldable Activity
• 3-2-1 Student Self-Assessment
You May Also Be Interested in Our Brazil Interactive Notebook / Lapbook Activities Bundle
♥ Like this resource? Share with others by pinning our product on Pinterest so others will find it! Just click on the "Pin It" button on the left side of this page and share with others!
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER @ DynamicDuoTpT
for new products, TpT news, and special $ecret $ales!
♥ Please leave feedback! You'll let others know how you used the product and in the process, you'll earn credit points to save on future products!
♥ Like what you see? Follow our store by clicking on the Green ★ at the top of this page!
© DynamicDuo101, 2016