Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
You can purchase my entire U.S. History course which includes all of my power points, guided notes, assignments, quizzes, and unit tests here: U.S. History Complete Course
A quick word about my teaching style so that you know what you are getting into. I have worked at several schools in the past where I did not have the ability to check out books to students because of short supply. Because of this, I created materials in which I wouldn't need my students to have a textbook to be prepared for any tests or quizzes that they received. The power points that I created are quite extensive and include guided notes and video that go along with them. The students do not write down every word from the presentation and can focus on listening and learning the material from the lecture. Additional items that I have posted can be used for notebook check assignments which I usually have whenever I get to the end of a unit.
This bundle, which was created for a U.S. history or U.S. history honors class, includes the following:
- A 226 slide presentation that picks up at the end of World War 2 and goes through the 1950s. The power point has pictures and videos scattered throughout that I edited together. If you have any questions about what I have included by all means send me an email and I will get back to you
- Five days of guided notes that go along with the presentation. Each day of notes has questions at the end which I use as a notebook check assignment at the end of the unit. The notes are broken up as follows:
Day 1: Post WWII and the Roots of the Cold War
- Occupation of Japan, Nuremberg Trials, the formation of the U.N/Israel, differences between the Soviet Union and United States
Day 2: Trouble in Berlin and the Korean War
- The Berlin Airlift, 1948 presidential election, and the Korean War
Day 3: The Red Scare and 1950s lifestyles
- McCarthyism, Levittowns, Interstate Highway system, popular television shows, and The Catcher in the Rye
Day 4: Rock n Roll and Desegregation - includes music clips from the era.
- Elvis, Ritchie Valens, Chuck Berry, Felix Longoria, Brown v. Board of Ed, and the Montgomery Bus Boycott
Day 5: The Little Rock 9, Emmett Till, and the Space Race Begins
- Central High school desegregation, the lynching of Emmett Till, Yuri Gagarin, and NASA
In addition to the notes, you will receive these assignments which you can use for homework or in class activities:
- The Korean War Web Quest - Hyperlinks are built in to the document
- Emmett Till Reading and questions
- Inside North Korea video questions. These are questions that I created to go along with a PBS frontline from 2015. Click on the link at the top to stream the video.
- The Cold War and 1950s Quiz key included. All the students need to do is study the notes to be prepared for the quiz. It consists of five multiple-choice questions, five fill-in-the blank, five true/false, and five definitions. The key is included at the end of the document.
If you have any questions by all means feel free to email me. If for any reason the videos do not work with the download I will send you the link to my google drive and you can download it from my account directly.
Thank you very much for considering this product. Cheers!
Please take a look at other bundles that I have created for U.S. History/Honors classes: