Are you looking for a surefire way to find a theme? Try using a story arc! This short video reviews the story arc and models how to use them to summarize and find a theme. The video can be used for professional development or with fourth grade and fifth grade students.
• A 4-minute video that explains the how to find a theme using a story arc
• A story arc template for finding a theme
Continue your journey with the story arc by watching the other videos in this series:
• Introduction to the Story Arc
• The Story Arc and Summarizing
• The Story Arc and Narrative Writing (coming soon)
Are you looking for complete units on summarizing and finding a theme? Try these:
• Summarizing Unit, Grades 4 & 5
• Finding a Theme Unit – Grade 4
• Theme Unit - Fifth Grade
To be notified as I post more videos and products, click Follow Me.