Want a quick and easy way to summarize? Try using a story arc! This short video reviews story elements and models how to use them to summarize a story. The video can be used for professional development or with intermediate level students (third grade, fourth grade, fifth grade).
• A 3-minute video that explains the summarizing with a story arc and/or a table
• A story arc template to use for summarizing in your own classroom
• A table to use for summarizing in your own classroom
Continue your journey with the story arc by watching the other videos in this series:
• Introduction to the Story Arc
• The Story Arc and Theme
• The Story Arc and Narrative Writing (coming soon)
Are you looking for complete units on summarizing and finding a theme? Try these:
• Summarizing Unit, Grades 4 & 5
• Finding a Theme Unit – Grade 4
• Theme Unit - Fifth Grade
To be notified as I post more videos and products, click Follow Me.