This product is designed to accompany Robert Coles’ “The Story of Ruby Bridges”.
It was created for students in third and fourth grades. It might work for some students in second grade, so please be sure to download the preview as it shows in detail, all the items that are included.
The pages can easily be assigned as a booklet or individually. There is something in this package for all students; making it a very inclusive product. Everyone can enjoy the read-aloud, and then when it comes to independent work time, teachers can provide meaningful work for all students in the class, regardless of learning level.
The activities have been designed to assist students in connecting to the text on a higher level.
This product includes:
• A cover page for students to color (useful if you are planning to assign a number of pages)
• Two pages of reading response questions that encourage students to make text-to-self connections
• A Venn Diagram for students to compare themselves to Ruby
• For Faith-based schools, there is a Venn Diagram for students to compare Ruby and Jesus
• A page for students to write about how Ruby demonstrates bravery
• A page for students to write to their own teacher and express appreciation for the support and guidance they’ve received
• A page for students to reflect on the three key facts they’ll take away from the text
• A page for students to write three questions they still have after reading the text
• A fill-in-the-blank page based on the text (perfect for students on a modified academic program)
• A success criteria checklist for students to complete prior to handing in their work (especially useful after completing the reading response questions or the “letter to my teacher”)
• A word-search with related vocabulary for early finishers
In total, there are 12 student printables included in this product.
In order to be sure this product is right for you, please download the preview, as it shows all of the items that are included.
Thanks so much for visiting my store. If there is anything I can do to make this product better suit your needs, please don’t hesitate to ask, sometimes all it takes is a little tweak here and there to make a product perfect for your classroom.
You might also like:
Henry’s Freedom Box