This vocabulary unit features:
1. A list of just over 100 possible vocabulary words and definitions for Robert Louis Stevenson's The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. The words are divided by chapters, so students can use the list as a resource while reading.
2. A list of 20 targeted words and definitions from the text as a whole.
3. Four bell ringers featuring sentence completion, analogies, sentence creation, and short answers to warm-up the 20 targeted words. The warm-ups have answer keys with student examples.
4. A vocabulary round-up review game.
5. An accompanying PowerPoint for the bell ringers with the answers in the notes section.
6. A vocabulary test featuring spelling, matching, sentence completion, and sentence creation questions. The test has an answer key with student examples.
The 20 targeted words include:
3. troglodytic (troglodyte)
13. maladies (malady)
The Word document and PowerPoint are editable.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE ARE MANY FULL PDF VERSIONS OF THE STRANGE CASE OF DR. JEKYLL AND MR. HYDE ON THE WEB BECAUSE IT IS PUBLIC DOMAIN. THIS PARTICULAR LIST IS DERIVED FROM THE THE FOLLOWING LINK: http://highlineschools.org/cms/lib07/WA01919413/Centricity/Domain/1053/Jekyll.pdf