The Street That Got Mislaid Short Story Lesson | PDF & Digital Formats: This short story lesson on "The Street That Got Mislaid" by Patrick Waddington focuses on literary elements of plot, character, setting, theme, and conflict as well as these literary devices: similes, metaphors, symbols and foreshadowing. Use this lesson to introduce or review literary elements and literary devices with your students.
- This resource contains individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom™. The unit also comes with Google Slides™ versions of the included graphic organizers for 1:1 technology schools.
- Making Predictions
- Comprehension Questions + Answer Key
- Literary Elements and Devices Graphic Organizer + Answer Key
- Extend Your Learning Assignment
- Standards-based Assessment
- Points-based Assessment
- Individual PDFs of student pages for uploading to Google Classroom or other online learning portals
- Google Slides graphic organizers for 1:1 schools
- This resource is NOT editable.
- Due to copyright, PDFs of the short story are not included.
- This lesson is included in the 6th Grade Short Story Unit.
- “Worked well in my classroom!”
- “A great addition to our short story unit”
- “Excellent resource. Easy to use and plan as the lesson was completely laid out for you.”