Note: These puzzles are challenging, so teachers may want to provide letter hints, allow extra time, or allow students to work in pairs.
Each of these 10 quotefalls contains a simile from THE SUMMER OF THE SWANS. Students form individual words of the simile by transferring letters from below the grid to squares in the columns directly above.
QUOTEFALLS require students to use their knowledge of
THE SUMMER OF THE SWANS and their knowledge of
spelling, phonics, vocabulary, and language!
Students love these puzzles! See the two sample puzzles in the preview.
***Perfect filler activities for after tests, between lessons, or at the end of the day!***
MORE MIDDLE SCHOOL EDITIONS OF QUOTEFALLS!
* Across Five Aprils
* Farewell to Manzanar
* The Giver
* The Hunger Games
* Light in the Forest
* The Miracle Worker & Helen Keller
* My Brother Sam Is Daed
* Nothing But the Truth
* The Outsiders
* Romeo and Juliet
* The Summer of the Swans
* Walk Two Moons
Here are my products over THE SUMMER OF THE SWANS—many are perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View all 16 in my store!
• Bookmarks Plus: THE SUMMER OF THE SWANS edition—Handy Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
• THE SUMMER OF THE SWANS: Reading-for-Detail Crossword—67 Clues! A great way to check students’ reading skills and a great review for objective tests!
• THE SUMMER OF THE SWANS: 10 Word Merge Puzzles—Great Spelling Workout! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• THE SUMMER OF THE SWANS: Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Puzzle—Unique! Students provide synonyms or antonyms for challenging words.
• THE SUMMER OF THE SWANS: 10 Quotefall Puzzles—Great Spelling Workout! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging,
but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!