Note: This product is meant to be used after students read the book.
Students solve this puzzle by providing synonyms or antonyms for 25 vocabulary words from THE SUMMER OF THE SWANS.
Examples of clues:
Rasping (synonym) (Answer: HOARSE)
Ravines (antonym) (Answer: HILLS)
A fun way to learn vocabulary!
NOTE: This puzzle contains the 25 Words to Know from THE SUMMER OF THE SWANS edition of Bookmarks Plus.
The Summer of the Swans edition of Bookmarks Plus—Handy Reading Aid!
Also, these same 25 words are part of my THE SUMMER OF THE SWANS 50- Word Prereading Vocabulary Puzzle. (View list below.)
Use all three to reinforce meaning!
Here are more unique products over THE SUMMER OF THE SWANS—perfect activities for early test finishers, between lessons, extra credit, or at the end of the day! View them in my store.
• Bookmarks Plus: THE SUMMER OF THE SWANS edition—Handy Reading Aid!
Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
• THE SUMMER OF THE SWANS: Reading-for-Detail Crossword—67 Clues!
A great way to check students’ reading skills and a great review for objective tests!
• THE SUMMER OF THE SWANS: 10 Word Merge Puzzles—Great Spelling Workout! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• THE SUMMER OF THE SWANS: Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Puzzle—Unique! Students provide synonyms or antonyms for challenging words.
• THE SUMMER OF THE SWANS: 10 Quotefall Puzzles—Great Spelling Workout! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!