The Sun – A Fifth Grade PowerPoint Introduction is a PowerPoint 5th grade level instructional presentation
It includes a PowerPoint presentation of the text along with two editable slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook. Students can also complete the activities during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (star, astronomical unit, and fusion).
• Stars, astronomical units, and Sun’s mass.
• Makeup of the Sun (% of Hydrogen and Helium, solar flare, corona, core, sunspots, chromosphere, radiation layer, convection layer, and photosphere).
• Aurora Borealis explained.
• Albert Einstein’s E=mc² formula introduced.
The last slides are white-background and used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The last two pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
• The first activity is a labeling/matching activity where students match descriptions with vocabulary/pictures. Included vocabulary: astronomical unit, fusion, core, solar flare, sunspots, chromosphere, star, photosphere, corona, radiation layer, and convection layer.
• The second activity is a labeling activity. Eight parts of the Sun with descriptions need to be moved to the correct location on the picture of the Sun. Included vocabulary: core, solar flare, sunspots, chromosphere, photosphere, corona, radiation layer, and convection layer.