The SuperVeges are educating, vegetable, vitamin superpowers! Designed for ages 2+ to discover how our bodies use the vitamins and minerals found in vegetables.
A fun, engaging introduction to vegetables. The SuperVeges explain how eating vegetables helps our bodies to function at their optimum capabilities.
Tommy Tomato, Casey Carrot and friends take us on a journey from their veggie patch to inside our bodies. Features include which vegetables, vitamins and minerals:
- give you energy
- heal wounds
- protect your body cells from flu and viruses
- help your nervous system to work
- keep muscles, bones and tendons strong and flexible
- help keep our bones and teeth healthy
- manufacture our red blood cells
- an explanation of photosynthesis and the importance of oxygen
- support for your children's learning with activity sheets and recipes via the website
The blend of character graphics and photographic imagery allow the reader to view how the real SuperVeges look and grow naturally while the SuperVeg character introduces a vitamin or mineral, and food dishes it can be made into. The following page details how that SuperVeg vitamin or mineral helps our bodily processes.