This 107 page novel unit can be used in guided reading groups, for independent practice, or for whole group read alouds. Comprehension questions (including answer keys), vocabulary materials, story analysis, and extension activities are included.
I have broken the novel up into 6 sections. Each section has its own comprehension, vocabulary, and writing pages.
1. Packet Cover
2. Book Specific Dictionary (words + definitions)
3. Vocabulary Lists for each section (6)
4. Homework or Word Work choice menu for Vocabulary/Spelling words
5. Vocabulary Practice Pages (6)
6. Multiple Choice and Sequencing Questions (6)
7. True/False and Short Extended Response Questions (6)
8. Cut and Paste Sequence Page for the whole book
9. Close Reading/Extended Response Writing (6)
10. Character Analysis Pages (4 different choices for 5 characters)
11. Story Analysis Pages
12. Alternate Chapter Review/Book Review Activities (generic/not chapter specific)
13. Answer Keys for Vocabulary Practice, Multiple Choice/True False, **Please note that general answers for open ended/extended responses are included, but that novels are nuanced and I suggest you are familiar with the book before evaluating student responses.**
I truly love reading and watching new chapter book readers first learn how to explore this new literary world. If you have any questions, comments, or even suggestions, please let me know. Your ideas are most welcome! I'll be dusting my pages until then at firstname.lastname@example.org.