The Tale of Despereaux Day let's celebrate
The Tale of Despereaux is the beloved classic by Cate DiCamillo that is perfect to teach many things besides reading strategies. You can flexibly use this 60 page file year after year after a whole class read aloud of The Tale of Despereaux! This pack is more than a novel study, and goes beyond boring worksheets. This is the perfect companion for the book to develop a sense of community and to raise life-long readers.
In this pack you will find:
- Cover Page
- Credits and seller info page
- Note to the teacher
- Set the stage to engage materials: "once upon a time" bunting banner, "I honor you, happily ever after, and Mon Dieu" chandelier words.
- Character traits based on evidence accordions bulletin board.
- Descending to the dungeon STEM challenge.
- Memorable quotes for display: 5 quote posters for display in your classroom. Perfect for analyzing characters language.
- Lesson of the story at Castle Dor craftivity: Analyze and infer the lesson in the story with this great craftivity.
- Despereaux and Princess Pea treats: Recipes, tags, photographs and ideas.
- Vocabulary Soup with key vocabulary from the story!
Thank you so much for considering my product and make sure to download the preview to see photographs of this product in action!
You may also be interested in my other "Let's Celebrate" resources:
Laura Graham - Where the Magic Happens
© 2017, Where the Magic Happens. The Tale of Despereaux Day Let's Celebrate - for single classroom use, please purchase multiple licenses (at 50% off the regular price) at check-out for whole-grade or school-wide use.